Pages

July 11, 2013

Incoco Design Nail Polish Appliques Review

First of all let me say I know I have been NON EXISTENT on my blog lately. I have been beyond busy and haven't had much down time. Sorry about that but I promise to be posting a lot within the next few days to catch up!


I received these Incoco Nail Polish Appliques in my March Birchbox and finally got around to using them last weekend. I haven't used any type of nail applique so I was clueless when it came to going about this. I actually resorted to the Incoco website for some tips and a video tutorial as the actual directions on the package were a bit vague. Birchbox also has a video on how to apply them. These strips are 100% nail polish which to me is amazing how this even works but it does. The design I got was Freshly Picked which is a white base color accented with adorable pink flowers.

So here are some tips/tricks that I figured out while doing these for the first time:
  • make sure your cuticles are really pushed back! I had a few nails that the strip overlapped in some spots
  • size up which strips you are going to use for which nails first - I had to go back and forth a few times between sizes to get the perfect fit
  • wipe your nails with a small amount of nail polish remover before putting the strips on
  • take your time! you cannot rush this or else you are going to have them come out crooked. you can pull the strip off and reposition it if you aren't happy with the placement. just don't rub the strip on your nail or you will tear it trying to take it off
  • Be careful when filing because you can tear them - I just pulled the excess off pretty close to the nail and folded the rest under the nail and just ran my finger on the edge a few times til it basically tore off
So here is my final ta-da:


My nails are a bit grown out now (I applied the strips last Friday) but I was very pleased with how they turned out and how long they are lasting. I have had them on for a week now and no chips or wear!

These are available for $10 in the Birchbox shop. They also have solid colors and a designer collection available.

Also a neat little tidbit: according to Birchbox these little nail strips are actually better for your nails than regular polish because they contain less solvent and have small pores to let your nails breathe.

Interested in Birchbox?
Visit Birchbox and request an invite today! Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase. Get your subscription today for only $10/month! Did I also mention that a Birchbox subscription makes a great gift for the hard to buy for or the person that has everything? I've been gifting 3-month subscriptions a lot lately and have heard nothing but how cool of a gift it is or how extremely excited they are to receive their 1st box.This is now my go-to gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment