Pages

May 30, 2013

Birchbox Special Delivery: Nuance Salma Hayek Collection Box Review


I totally forgot about getting an email a month or so ago from Birchbox asking if I wanted to receive a special Birchbox featuring Nuance by Salma Hayek products to test out. Of course I said yes and then forgot about it....I was so happy to see this bright red box sitting on my doorstep last week! I had never heard of nor seen these products at all before this box. The products are all influenced by Salma’s grandmother and ancient Mayan traditions and ingredients. All of the Nuance products are exclusively available at CVS stores nationwide and online at cvs.com/nuancesalmahayek and there are a TON of products that are very affordable. Cool thing about the products though is that some of them have the actual testing results on the label as to how many people saw increased moisture after using, etc. Unfortunately I threw out the box before realizing I didn't have photos of it so the above stock photo will have to do :)


AM/PM Anti-Aging Super Cream
Say it with us: Tepezcohuite. The antioxidant rich Mexican tree extract is the secret behind this rich moisturizer (vitamins A and E provide backup support) Full Size $19.99
I used this once and probably won't again, I'm not really into all the creams other than moisturizers. Although my younger sisters are telling me I need to get on the anti-aging cream kick.


My Secret Super Moisturizing Body Cream
Salma Hayek drew from a revered family recipe to create this shea- and honey infused lotion. We’re totally hooked on the light, fruity scent. Full Size $14.99
I love love love this lotion. It's really rich (due to the shea) and has a nice scent to it.

Mamey Fruit Volumizing Shampoo and Conditioner
The mamey fruit in this exotic duo helps boost body and stimulate hair growth, while acai and rice bran oil leave hair soft and easy-to-manage. Full size $7.99 each
Haven't used these yet as I'm kinda backed up on all my haircare products to try but they smell good and claim to be all natural. These will come in handy on vacation!


Lights, Camera, Action Eye Trio - Bronze/Gold Shimmer
This ingenious stacked shadow, liner, and highlighter has you covered 24-7. Bonus: It’s perfectly purse-friendly. Full Size $8.79
I was most excited about this product when I opened up the box. I love anything that is multiple products in one and this has 3! The colors are perfect for the smokey eye look.


$2.00 off coupon for any Nuance product
I figure I'll save this to buy another body cream!


Thanks to the Birchbox team and Ms. Salma Hayek for allowing me the opportunity to try out these fantastic products for free! And remember next time you are at CVS look for the Nuance line!


Wanna learn more or subscribe? 
Visit Birchbox to sign up for a monthly subscription, plus a chance to receive exclusive extras like the Nuance Salma Hayek box. Birchbox is the best way to discover new grooming, beauty and lifestyle products. Sample top products from high-end brands, get expert advice, buy new favorites and earn points with every purchase. Get your subscription today for only $10/month ($20 for the man box). Did I also mention that a Birchbox subscription makes a great gift for the hard to buy for or the person that has everything? I've been gifting 3-month subscriptions a lot lately and have heard nothing but how cool of a gift it is or how extremely excited they are to receive their 1st box. This is now my go-to gift!

No comments:

Post a Comment